- Government's Final Onslaught Delays Barrett Brown's Sentencing 16 Dec 2014.
- The Counterinsurgency War On—and Inside—Our Borders 16 July 2014. An investigative partnership with WikiLeaks. Combines one of my FOIA documents, which shows Mexican military aircraft entered U.S. territory 49 times from 2010 through 2012, with my research into Border Security Operations Center intelligence products the megaleak publisher obtained.
- Silencing Barrett Brown 28 Apr 2014.
- A Deal With The Right Devil 10 Mar 2014.
- El Chapo Arrested—Why Now? 24 Feb 2014.
- WhoWhatWhy's Douglas Lucas on Leaked Private Intel Emails 4 Dec 2013. (Interview with me about my work. Not written by me.)
- Hacktivist Journo Barrett Brown and Lawyers Gagged 9 Sept 2013. Co-authored by Christian Stork.
- DEA Plan to Kill Narcos 17 July 2013. An investigative partnership with WikiLeaks.
- John Brennan in Grad School: Destroying Democracy Helps Save It 17 Mar 2013.
- Petraeus: the Plot Thickens 5 Feb 2013. An investigative partnership with WikiLeaks. Discussed by US News & World Report 8 Feb 2013.
VICE is an international media company with divisions including the website, a film production company, a record label, and more. They're large enough to have sent crews to the Olympics and Afghanistan.
A nationwide news site with 15 million monthly visitors as of August 2013. One of the first web-only news organizations.
- Portrait of a failed president: Inside the art of George W. Bush 7 Apr 2014. Co-authored by Amy O'Neal. (Extra material.)
- Julian Assange prepares his next move 23 Feb 2012.
The Daily Dot
A dating, nightlife, and pop culture site with 1.5 million unique visitors as of August 2013.
- Talking to Strangers: Dallas, Texas 15 Nov 2013. I took the photographs.
- Talking to Strangers: Fort Worth, Texas 27 Aug 2013. I took the photographs.
"The Cryptosphere aims to put into plain English the crazy, crazy, mixed-up world of hackers, hacktivism, cyberwar, cryptocurrency, leakers, spies, viruses, trojans, worms, and John McAfee, who is several of these things all by himself."
- Exclusive: The Legendary #Anonymous PayPal 14 Speak Out Post-Sentencing 31 Oct 2014. I attended the PayPal 14's sentencing hearing and after-party and wrote about it.
- Report from HOPE X: Surveillance, Snowden, Stratfor and Surprises 23 July 2014. I was a panelist at the tenth Hackers on Planet Earth convention where Edward Snowden and Daniel Ellsberg presented. My panel got surveilled and something possibly worse happened.
The TCU Magazine
The magazine of my alma mater, Texas Christian University, published since 1958.
- Echoes of the past 13 January 2014. Spanish professor Bonnie Frederick explores Muslim influence on Texas architecture.
- Resourceful outplacement 13 January 2014. Notable alum: Dan Davenport, RiseSmart.
- A new chapter 6 January 2014. Notable alum: Nancy Spencer, Reading Friends.
- French connection 18 October 2013. New program examines national identity among immigrants.
- Market driven 18 October 2013. Neeley students learn the art of haggling in Peru.
- Dr. Ric Bonnell '98 helps where it hurts most 8 October 2013. Alum lends his medical training and knowledge to Haitians, who have the worst healthcare in the Western hemisphere.
- Paying the way 30 July 2013. TCU pilot Internship Scholarship Program.
- Frankie goes to Fort Worth 20 July 2013. Notable Alum: Guy Stroman.
- Social media, re-engineered 20 July 2013. Notable Alums: Baer Bradford and Tito Soto, Create Labs.
- Design with a flair 20 July 2013. Notable Alum: Nathan Sharp, MINE.
- Wine into water 25 Jan 2013. Notable Alum: Stephen Lewis, Tithe Wines.
- Stay wired! 10 Jan 2013. Notable Alum: John Campbell, Stay Wired! Coffeehouse and Computer Service.
- Light fantastic 10 Jan 2013. Notable Alum: Mike Cocanower, Inside Image Design.
- Not alone 9 Jan 2013. Notable Alum: Nick Meyer, Nisolo Shoes.
- Sentimental journey 18 Oct 2012. The Curt Wilson Alumni Jazz Ensemble.
The North Texas affiliate of CBS News.
- Crazy Things to Do with Your Cat in North Texas 10 Feb 2012.
- Best North Texas Courthouses 17 Jan 2012.
- Fun Guide to Mainstay Farm
- Best North Texas Bars to Rent Out for Large Groups 9 Feb 2012.
- Best Gardens in North Texas 4 Feb 2012.
- Yes, North Texans Can Play in the Snow
- Family Fun Guide to the Dallas World Aquarium 27 Jan 2012.
- Escapes One Tank of Gas Away
- Guide to the Fort Worth Library 17 Feb 2012.
- Best Places to Take Your Dog in Dallas 13 Jan 2012.
- Best Music Lessons in North Texas 5 Jan 2012.
- Guide to New Year's Eve in DFW 22 Dec 2011.
- Interview for the Holiday Season with Brad Hensarling, Bartender 15 Dec 2011.
- Guide to Christmas at the Stockyards 25 Nov 2011.
- Visiting the Cowtown Farmers Market 5 Nov 2011.
- Guide to a Night Out Without Alcohol 27 Oct 2011.
- Best Rock Climbing in North Texas
- Guide to Spoiling Your Loved Ones 31 Jan 2012.
- 5 Fort Worth Bars: 1 for Each Weeknight 6 Oct 2011.
- Family Guide to the Senior Citizens Fair of Fort Worth 5 Oct 2011.
- Best DFW Toy Stores for Grown-ups 4 Oct 2011.
- Guide to Going Out and Feeling like a Texan 15 Sept 2011.
- Spending a Day Shopping in the Camp Bowie District 13 Sept 2011.
- Best Fort Worth Sports Bars for Watching the Cowboys 8 Sept 2011.
- Guide to Fort Woof at Gateway Park 20 June 2011.
- Top Tweeps in Dallas - Fort Worth 20 June 2011.
- Best Places to Read in Fort Worth 20 June 2011.
- Top TCU Alumni Jun 20 2011.
- Famous SMU Alumni
- Famous UNT Alumni
- Guide to Granbury's Brazos Drive-in Theatre
- Controversial North Texas Residents Slideshow
- Best Bagels in North Texas
- Top Facts about the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Best Historical Spots in Fort Worth
- Best Margaritas in Fort Worth 5 May 2011.
- Best Smoothies in Fort Worth 11 Feb 2011.
- Best Biscuits & Gravy in Fort Worth 8 Jan 2011.
- Best Wings in Fort Worth 5 Jan 2011.
- Best Authors in Dallas - Fort Worth 25 Oct 2011.
- Best Metal Bands in Dallas - Fort Worth 20 Oct 2011.
- Best Movie Theaters in Fort Worth 20 Oct 2011.
- Best Martinis in Dallas - Fort Worth 19 Oct 2011.
- Best Fried Pickles in Dallas - Fort Worth
- Best Bookshops in Dallas - Fort Worth
- Best Tips for Visiting Reunion Tower